Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life Story of Pakistan Young Domestic Women Worker

Written by Saima Shukat

YCW Pakistan is working for domestic women workers in different rural and urban areas. Like few other countries, here is also no any law and order for the Domestic worker. Only Master and servant rules in which has mentioned about Minimum wages for domestic workers who work more than 27 ordinary hours per week. Because of 33% literacy rate many people are suffering by in human behave. In Pakistan approximately more than 40% quiet young girl and women are work in different areas of Pakistan.

Today,we are going to tell about the brave and mature action story of one young lady (Naziran Bibi), YCW Pakistan base group member.

NAZIRAN BIBI
Naziran bibi has been working since childhood with her mother in a house. She was only 10 years old when she started her work and spoiled the childhood charm. She was working with sincerely and honestly but after passing few years, She realized that her income is not enough for her family. She told that it was not justice for my services in the house. But she was speechless before joined YCW Pakistan. She has been passing married life with one 5 years-old daughter, 3 years-old son and addicted druggist husband. Her husband have no source of income because of the drugs addiction. That’s why she did not have the other source of income.

This is hard and pathetic situation for Naziran Bibi life. Even she does not educated and that’s why always underestimated by the influence of Rich/honored lady. One day her best friend Shazia came to her and asked about her married life. Naziran Bibi told that she was wept bitterly at that time. Because she didn't know how and where to start the story to tell to Shazia. She told to Shazia:
“I have been working for last 10 years in this house. I have never feel bad in my life. But now I am feeling that my responsibility has been increased but I have no other source of income for me and my children because the drugs addiction of my husband. My boss never think about me and they don't care for my hard responsibility. I go to work at 7.00 am and have no exact time to end my work. I am disheartened by this poor life.”

She told to Shazia more that
“One day I was tried to ask about my salary increment. She became hyper and annoyed on me. Because at the end of the month I just take Rs 1000,- in which my boss deduct my salary very often. She doesn’t allow me to take leave. My salary could not fulfill my needs of my young children. I live under pressure and feel that I can not handle this problem but I can not stop my my work in the house. Even I can not ask the increment of salary to my boss.”

Shazia heard all her story and discussed about her help to elder sister of Rakhul. Rakhul is also young and active member of YCW Pakistan base group (Lahore). On March 3, 2009 Rakhul met with Shazia and Naziran Bibi in Nishat colony Lahore. Rakhul did show deep sympathy to Naziran's problem on behalf of YCW Pakistan and Lahore Diocese Base group. Rakhul did brought Naziran Bibi to Lahore diocese base group meeting on 27 march 2009.

She came again with a lot of problems and complications on 4 April 2009. YCW Pakistan did helped her and encouraged to take action for getting decent income for living good life.

Actually, she was frightened by her boss very strongly. She could not ask and request anything because of her boss threatened her all the time. She also told that many times indirectly my boss threat to me and tell me story of previous worker disobedience. My boss told me that
“I love my servants if my servant do not ask to me anything, I can not tolerate it. That’s why I never think about my previous servant. They created false story telling there were a are thief in my house and a lot of things was stolen. Late I know that the thief was her friend. After that they said that they can not continue work here and they also stolen my precious things. Luckily police arrested them because of theft. I never tolerate theses type of disobedience and behaved of my house servants.”

It was totally inhuman behave what her boss did to her servant. These type of words has been mentally and psychological tortured her (Naziran Bibi). That’s why she did not dare to do any thing for her rights against inhuman behave .

YCW Pakistan encourage Naziran Bibi to take action against inhuman behave of her Boss. After long discussion and counseling with Naziran Bibi, four months in sep 2009 after attended Lahore base group meeting in Bahar Colony Kot Lakhpat, she went to her boss house and said
“Madam I has been working in this house for last ten years. Madam you are kind and also have deep sympathy for poor workers like me. I never complained anything in my life to you, because of your kind behave with me. I get Rs.1000 each month from you, which is enough for me. But you know that I have 2 children which are young and my husband have addiction of drugs. That’s why he can not earn and I also don’t have other source of income. So I spend long time here and the money you give to me every month is not sufficient for my family and very often I work long hour. If you don’t mind, I have humble request to you that can you increase some money in my daily income for my poor young children and I will also thankful to you if you give me permission to do work in another house for my kids basic needs especially milk. I don’t have problem here, but if I finish my work on time, I can do work in another house as well as your house work.”

Her boss was shocked and rebuked her badly. But Naziran Bibi was strong in decision and After few weeks, Naziran Bibi again asked about the increment of income and permission to do work in different house. Her boss wonder how her servant could ask it since for 10 years she never talking like this. Finally her boss heard and asked her, “what can I do for your children?”
Naziran replied “pity on me and my children. You are my respected honoured, please forgive me if I spoke anything wrong. But I need my for children and income is not sufficient for their growing. Give me permission to work or increase my salary.

Her boss replied to her “I will tell after 1 week.”

On 15 October 2009 her boss called to her and said “I have increased Rs.500,- in your monthly income for children and you may work to my friend house. She will give you Rs1500 as well. You have permission to go after finish your work here and you can take 1 day leave in a month.”

15 October 2009 Naziran got success in her mission. Now Naziran has do work in 3 different houses. She is earning more than Rs.4000,- per month which is enough for her and her children. In this way Naziran Bibi has managed her time for getting decent income in her life. She also go back home on time. Today Naziran Bibi is also the member of Lahore Diocease group member.

Naziran Bibi first and last words are YCW Pakistan “Zindabad”.
She did all this on the behalf of YCW Pakistan Domestic worker Action. After getting awareness and education about domestic worker's right she is able to overcome inhuman behave of her boss.

This is descriptive story about the brave action of Naziran Bibi life under the light of YCW-Pakistan Lahore diocese base group domestic women worker Action team.

0 Responses to “Life Story of Pakistan Young Domestic Women Worker”

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved IYCW ASPAC | Blogger Template by Bloggermint